8.13.2008

Utah Trip

Last week I took a trip to Utah.  I love to go visit family, friends, and "my kids" at least once a year.  This was a extra special trip though because it will most likely be 3 years or so before I see many of these people again.  Each time I see my kids I'm shocked by how much they've grown; I can't imagine what it will be like when 3 years of growing takes place before seeing them next.  

My wonderful brother Jonathan agreed to accompany me on the trip so I didn't have to do the 11+ hour drive by myself.  Last year I drove solo and nearly went crazy from boredom.  Thank you, Jonathan!  You're the best!

I didn't get pictures with everyone I saw (what was I thinking?!), but I'm so glad everyone made time to visit.  It was fun to see everyone!  
  
These are the kids I used to nanny for (aka: "my kids") taking a break after a stroll through the Museum of Art at BYU.  I was so impressed by how into the art they all were.  They studied each piece, noticed details, and read the plaques.  Wow!!

Posing by the beautiful flowers on BYU campus.  Aren't they so darn cute??  (The kids, not the flowers).  Everytime I see them my heart swells with love and affection.  I could brag about their smarts, humor, sensitivity, etc. all day long.  I love you guys!  

Playing with the exhibits in the Eyring Science Center

Look at how big they all are!  When I started working for the family Zack was 3, now he's 8!  He's so funny and smart.  Victoria (11, almost 12) is almost as tall as I am.  She is very mature and well-read.  I would love to be in a book club with that girl!  Ali (9, soon-to-be 10) still has the exact same, sweet face and personality, but is growing taller by the minute. 

After our adventures at BYU, we headed over to Brick Oven to meet the rest of the family for dinner.  I had a great time catching up with Kurt and Tara.  They make me feel like I'm just part of the family.  

We got to go out on the boat with some friends of my aunt and uncle.  Jonathan was digging "surfing."  It's a pretty sweet idea.  It was Jonathan's first time, but he rode the wave like an expert.  

Jonathan and cousin Kiersten

 I'm not sure if Jonathan was a BYU football fan before this trip, but after spending 3 days with my Uncle Jon I think it's impossible not to become one.  They went to a BYU practice, sat in exclusive Legacy seats, bought matching hats from the exclusive Legacy closet, and talked football till the sun went down.
 
The Jonathans

Aside from missing my husband (this was only the 2nd time we've been apart in our nearly 3 years of marriage!), I had a great trip.  When I got home I talked with Justin about all the things I love and miss about Utah.  When I first moved there I remember thinking it was so ugly, but I was astounded at how many areas caught my eye with such brilliant beauty on this trip.  He was surprisingly open-minded and in agreement with a lot of the comments I made.  I never thought in a million years I'd say it, but could Utah be a settling place for us some day?...maybe.  

1 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

MMMM....Brick Oven!! Love that place! Looks like you had fun!! (oh and sorry I haven't called you back yet! I will I promise!)