I decided that I wanted to celebrate the 4th of July by taking Bryn swimming for the first time, a very 4th of July-ish thing to do, right? So we got her a swim suit, swim diapers, lathered her up in sunscreen, fed her full of milky goodness and headed out on the 2 mile walk to the pool. Upon leaving our flat we noticed that during our swim prep the sun that had been shining earlier was now clouded over, rain looked promising, and a chill was in the air. We went back inside, added sweatshirts and pants to our swim ensemble and headed back out...I was determined to go swimming on the 4th of July! We made it to the pool, paid the equivalent of $15 to go in ($15?!), stripped off our winter wear and stepped into the "heated" pool. It was COLD! Additionally, Bryn's happy awake time had elapsed and she was ready for a nap. I would have to be crazy to stick an already crying baby into the cold water and then walk her wet body 2 miles in the cold back to the flat, so we gathered our clothes, got a refund, wrapped Bryn in a towel and sat in a nearby park and ate a picnic lunch while she napped. Too cold to go swimming on the 4th of July?! Only in England. We did, however, finish off the day with a BBQ and fireworks with friends. Very fun. Very 4th of July-ish.
Bryn's face portrays the tragedy that was our swimming experience
Fast asleep 2 minutes after leaving the pool
A couple weeks ago we went to the U.S. Embassy in London to register Bryn as a U.S. citizen. I felt so grateful that she can be a citizen of the United States and enjoy the blessings and freedoms that will be hers as a result. I love America.
Contemplating freedom adorned in her festive red, white, and blue.
4 comments:
These pictures are priceless! Your stories are hilarious. I just love your blogs. Can't wait to have a 4 generation picture at Bryn's blessing. Either blessing day will be fine for me. Let me know as soon as you know when it'll be exactly. Love you Grandma Susan, died in the wool American!
Your little girl is so cute! And, they are always cuter when they sleep, huh?
Jill! She is so beautiful, and you look fantastic too!!
Love it. We dressed Noelle in red, white, and blue as well when she went to "become" an American citizen. I think she may or may not have been wearing a onesie that said "Tax deduction." To top it off they gave her a mini American flag. God bless America.
Post a Comment