11.06.2010

Heavenly

Last month Justin and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. We left Bryn overnight for the first time with her best friends (Canden and Aivley) and their amazing mommy, Holly (Thank you SO much, Holly!). Knowing she was having a great time and being well cared for made being away from her for the first time heavenly. Justin surprised me with a half day at the most incredible spa. We had a bubble bath in a huge tub (big enough for two...ow! ow!) with rose petals all around and in the tub. We had a couples massage. We had an amazing 3 course meal. We lounged in the peaceful, beautiful grounds and pool for as long as our hearts desired. It was heavenly. The remainder of our weekend was filled with fun, food, and laughter...heavenly. The most heavenly part of the entire anniversary celebration though? The fact that the fun and love we enjoyed was nothing out of the ordinary. For the past 5 years I have been privileged to be in the most incredible marriage I have ever known to exist. Special weekend get-aways or average, blah Wednesdays, being married to Justin is HEAVENLY.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 5 years! You two are the cutest.

Ellingsons said...

Yay! That sounds like the best way to celebrate!!

Corinne said...

Dear Jill, I for one am so glad that Justin never gave up on you waiting to commit. I remember you at Brett and Melinda's wedding and you introducing Justin as "just a friend Justin". He like your Uncle Doug knew a good thing when they saw it and were patient in waiting. Congratulations. How romantic to do the spa thing.