7.25.2011

Luck of the Draw

When it comes to decision making there are a number of methods that can aid in the process. We opted for Games of Chance in the naming of our second born. Let me explain the rules: First, narrow down the name options to two; Second, decide upon 3 Games of Chance with each individual game consisting of 7 rounds; Three, the victor is determined by winning 2 out of 3 of the games and wins individual games by taking 4 out of 7 of the rounds of play. Pretty simple, right? Who wouldn't use this method to name their child?!

The first game of chance in our competition was the ever-popular Coin Toss. We assigned names to heads/tails alphabetically. This game was won 4-2, no need for a tie breaking 7th round. Our second game was Drawing Names from a Cup. As luck would have it, this game was also won in just 6 rounds. Our victor was the same for both games, thus winning the competition and eliminating the need for game #3.

Introducing our victor {*Drumroll*} ...

AUDREY KATE

We love that grandparents have been able to meet her prior to her reaching 5 months of age (unlike big sister, Bryn)


Put it in the books as one of my favorite moments of all time: Bryn meeting her baby sister for the first time. She was completely delighted by her. She gazed at her, smiled at her, rubbed her hair, kissed her, and said, "Hi silly girl!" LOVED IT.


Simply stated, this picture makes me really, really happy. I love my family!


Born July 22, 2011; 12:06 pm; 7 lbs, 14 ounces


P.S. If you want to steal the attention of every staff member of the labor/delivery ward, show up to the hospital 9 centimeters dialted. Your room will be swarming in no time...trust me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Audrey Kate! You all look very happy! I bet Bryn will be a great big sis. Enjoy this phase...it is so fun!

Whitney said...

Jill, you make me laugh! She is beautiful and I LOVE the way you chose the name.

Jen said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful!

Nicolette said...

WOW! Congrats on your new little girl! You made it to CA just in time. :) I'm so curious about your story of staying away from the hospital until you were a 9...

Blake + Amy said...

Cute! I love the first and of course, the middle name.

Mason & Laura said...

Congratulations Justin and Jill! What a BEAUTIFUL baby girl, not to mention a pretty awesome name (our #2 is Audrey Kay!!) I love the picture of the 2 sisters meeting ... and Jill you look beautiful! I'm so happy for you :)

(I'm interested to hear more about this "showing up at the hospital 9 cm dilated??)

Carlson Clan said...

Congratulations!!!! 9 cm dilated?! What the heck were you doing girl? Audrey is beautiful!! Love your family!

MsScreensiren said...

Audrey is beautiful and you all look so happy. Congratulations! My kids all LOVED the announcement: "let me see it, let me see it," they all chimed loudly at the same time!

KayLynn said...

Hey! I just found your blog!! Congratulations on baby girl #2!! Girls are so fun (as I have 3 now!). Glad to see you are back in Cali. Maybe we will run into each other sometime!

Tammy said...

Congrats. Yeah, been there done that w/ the 9 cm dilated. They were asking me to please wait for the doctor and I was kind of thinking my husband could just catch it if they wouldn't. :)

Scooter and Jessica said...

Your growing family is just beautiful! I'm going to have to call you soon to get the details of the 9cm thing. Sounds crazy. Keep posting - I love seeing pictures of your girls (and you and Justin, or course)!