8.01.2012

Swim Lessons

After a minor drown scare with Bryn early in the summer, my grandma offered to pay for her to have swim lessons at the AMAZING Jan Thomas Swim School in Fresno. Technically, the swim lessons were paid for in exchange for some work I helped her with, but considering the priceless value of the swim lessons, I could never work enough to repay them. Thank you, Grandma!
Bryn took 7 lessons in 4 days. She was a non-swimmer on Monday and by Thursday she could swim completely independently, roll onto her back to take breaths, then roll back to her tummy and keep swimming. She can jump in, swim to the edge, and pull herself out. She LOVES it. And I love it. It is incredible! I can't wait to take Audrey next summer. 
Thanks again, Grandma. We love you! And we love Jan Thomas Swim School!
 Bryn's teacher was Nicki. She was awesome. Bryn loved her! And that is really incredible considering the "torture" she put Bryn through the first lesson. 
 Bryn is in the back of this photo, jumping off the edge of the pool.
 Floating...pretty obvious.
 Bored with jumping from the edge, Bryn requested to jump from the diving board. I'm pretty sure this is her third lesson.
The slide! (She's not being forced down, that girl just helped her climb up since the stairs are narrow and slippery.)

I would love to show off video of her in swim-action, but I don't have time to wait for the upload to blogger right now. Still shots will have to suffice. She really is a little swimming machine. She's so awesome!

0 comments: