2.17.2013

Christmas Eve & Morn

We were looking forward to our little family celebrating our first Christmas Eve in our own home, but Christmas Eve day we received an invitation from friends that we just couldn't pass up. We joined them for a yummy dinner and the reading/acting of the nativity story. It was lovely.

Bryn played the part of the angel. If you recall, the angel is the only character in the nativity story with speaking parts. Without any rehearsing, Bryn recited her lines perfectly. We were all amazed! She is so awesome!
In all my years of nativity reenactments, I don't think I've ever seen Mary ride in on the donkey. Nice touch, very realistic.
Audrey was dressed as a cute shepherd, but only for a moment. I supposed she thought the story was in need of a little Audrey spice, rather than another shepherd.
 Santa was very, very good to us this year!
 Audrey rides her quad like a pro!
 I'm not sure we've seen a day without a dress-up since this Christmas morning.
 Bryn was thrilled Santa remembered to bring her Tinkerbell Snow Fruit Snacks just like she asked for in her letter to him.
 Santa left a slinky in Audrey's stocking. It was quite a hit.
 Bryn's dress-up box even has dresses that fit Audrey Podrey.
 Reindeer Pancakes!


On Christmas morning Justin and I laid in bed awake, giddy with anticipation, waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the girls to wake up. Of ALL the days in the year to sleep in, Christmas was the day they chose! From the moment they awoke, the love, excitement, and happiness were so thick, the emotions nearly felt tangible. We feel grateful and blessed to have enjoyed such a wonderful Christmas!

0 comments: