According to the California Commission of Teacher Credentialing I am officially a TEACHER! It's been an incredibly intense 1.5 years, earning two credentials in 10 months' time (a heavy load of pre-req's filled the other 8 months). To top it off I participated in the self-proclaimed 2nd most demanding church obligation in existence: Early Morning Seminary--of course the role of Prophet for a world wide church organization consisting of millions of members takes the #1 slot of most demanding, I won't argue against that one. Looking back I honestly can't believe I made it through; in addition to survival I feel that I've come out with a stronger testimony, a stronger marriage, and more insight to my potential and purpose here on the earth. While I'm on this roll I guess I'll claim bragging rights to a 3.96 cumulative GPA as well (an A- slipped in there somewhere). I attribute all success to amazing professors and students, my wonderful family, Divine intervention, and my incredibly supportive and loving husband who, as Marjorie Hinckley would say, has truly "given me wings and let me fly." I couldn't ask for more. (Pictures are from the credentialing ceremony.)
6.09.2008
Holla'!
Posted by Jill at 11:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm loving your blog Jill! I've learned about your goings-on in a minute than I've known for the 1.5 years you've been engaged.
True to my editing hangup, the "role" of prophet is not a "roll."
You are awesome! I so admire your making a goal and then achieving it so admirably. Congratulations on being so smart, as in brilliant!
Your little place is cute. Who knew spiders were so well-housed? Kudos to Justin also for paper routing, seminary-ing, working his own business, and supporting you so famously.
I can imagine you are happy to be in your "own" place again. That had to be a challenge to stay "in the garage."
ILYMTTCT, Grandma Susan and Richard
Post a Comment