6.21.2008

Nunchucks


If you and/or your siblings grew up in the late 80's/early 90's you are most definitely familiar with the legendary Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  This was the case in my family.  We all knew (and probably still know) the lyrics to the theme song, each turtles' name and their corresponding eye mask color, and of course all of the characters' weapons of choice.  While I can claim immense familiarity with show, my brother Casey was truly a diehard fan.  He had ninja turtle pajamas, a ninja turtle sleeping bag, a turtle mask, action figures, the list could go on.  I'm pretty sure he was a ninja turtle for Halloween at least three years in a row.  His favorite turtle was the comedian of the group, Michelangelo.  Michelangelo wore the orange mask and was an expert with nunchucks.  Anything Casey could possible construct into a set of nunchucks, he did.   One family memory consists of my mom walking into the bathroom to find Casey thrilled by his discovery of an entire box of "nunchucks" (aka Tampons) stashed under the bathroom sink.  So anyway, today while yard sale-ing I came across these:



Since Casey happens to be celebrating a birthday this next week I thought they'd be the perfect gift.  Happy Birthday, Case!  COWABUNGA!