4.21.2010

CASEY!

Casey was here for a few days last week. We had so much fun with him! It was his first time in New York, so we saw the basics: Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Central Park, and Times Square. We also visited a few museums, played at FAO Schwarz, saw STOMP (awesome!), and checked out the progress of the new memorial being built at Ground Zero. In between all that, Bryn fell in love with Uncle Casey while he read to her, sang to her, held her, and played with her all the time.
Seriously, Casey. Seriously? You're awesome. We loved having you!

This was taken about 3 minutes after Casey got to our house. He sure knows how to win this girl's heart!
Our first stop: Central Park. So pretty in the Spring!
We learned that Bryn is NOT a fan of the saxophone. She danced and smiled when we passed any performers without a saxophone, but whether solo or part of a band, if there was a sax she immediately started crying. Unfortunately for her the majority of music in the park that day included saxophones.
The Big Piano at FAO Schwarz
Holy Legos, Batman!
National Museum of the American Indian
Some folks we ran into in Times Square
The Museum of Natural History
The most exciting thing I saw during Casey's trip (other than STOMP) was this parking spot in the city. Oh, it was a beauty. It was the kind of spot you never want to leave. We had to take a picture to remember it by. It treated us so well.
Gotta love it.
She really did like him, I promise.

3 comments:

Susan Rozier said...

AWESOME, AWESOME pictures! So good to see The Caseman. Bryn is beyond cute. Saxaphones must have a tone that doesn't resonate with her little ears. Loved seeing your visit with Casey. Love,Grandma Susan

Scooter and Jessica said...

It is so fun to have visitors! I wish I could come be one, but alas, someone has to work around here...

julinhachr said...

looks like you had alot of fun I am so glad to have your blog address. I will now add you to my blogs that I browse list. Andy hopes to see Bryn this week. :)