Last week we celebrated Justin's birthday. Well, I celebrated, Justin mourned his fading youth. "Too close to 30 for celebrating," says he. Blah. Keeping birthday references to a minimum, we were still able to have a fun day.
He awoke to a personalized cross-word puzzle. The 28 Years of Justin Malden puzzle included clues and answers ranging from birth to present-day. Making a giant cross-word for the hubs probably makes me a big nerd, but he said it was fun to fill out and I had fun watching him try to figure out some of the tough ones, so I'll embrace my nerd-hood.
We spent the afternoon flying a kite at the beach. The kite flying didn't work out so well, but we aced beach bumming.
No matter the age of this sexy stud, I'll take him!
Bryn's gift to Justin was her first piece of water-color artwork. Lovely, don't you think? She contributed best to the splashing of the water to rinse the paintbrush in and attempts to eat the paint. The other parts of her art received a bit of assistance from Momma.
All in all, a good birthday, I'd say. But what do I know? I'm not nearly as close to 30 as Justin is. :)
4 comments:
What GREAT pictures! Even the backgrounds were good. How did you do the crossword puzzle. I'm sure you went on-line for help, but how did you get it to be so big? (Email me the answer.) It was wonderful skyping with you today. I LOVED it! Love, Grandma Susan
Cool to find your guys blog. It's fun to see your pictures.
I am super impressed with the giant cross-word puzzle! What a great idea!
I'd be depressed to be turning 28, too. :) I'm glad I don't have to worry about that for many months.
I love the beach pictures - they're so bright, sunny, and cheery!
Post a Comment