For the past month Bryn and I have been having "Learning Time" for a little bit each day. We both love it. She is learning the letters of the alphabet and the sound each letter makes. We also review numbers and colors, and sing songs. Our special focus this month was the body, learning different body parts, etc. During March our focus will be transportation, all the different ways to get from here to there. Lucky for us, New York is a great place to study transportation. During a quick trip to drop Justin off at the train station and a short walk to the library this morning we saw: a subway train, lots of buses, taxis, fire trucks, boats, yachts, lots of airplanes, a helicopter, and lots of cars of course too. Thank you, NYC! I am so impressed with how quickly Bryn learns. She amazes me!
When I was growing up, we had a bulletin board in my house that basically looked like the one pictured below (a little less elaborate, but you get the idea). I thought it was silly that my "teacher" mom brought such a classroom feel into our home.

Now, this is what Bryn's room looks like. Hmm...runs in the family??
We traced Bryn's body and then added body parts to the cut-out throughout the month.
1 comments:
Love, love, love it! GS
Post a Comment