7.29.2008

Handy Man

One of the projects Justin has been working on at the house is Plumbing Improvement. The plumbing at our house is so old and poorly constructed in today's standards that tree roots have made their way into the pipes providing for many clogged sinks, bathtubs, showers, and toilets. Justin has been digging for the bathroom pipe for a couple of days with no luck of finding it. He finally rented a trencher to help him do the digging and sure enough, he found the pipe. With the aide of his handy-dandy machine he actually went right through the pipe.


When he told me that the pipe was busted and that both bathrooms were out of commission I started to think of which neighbor's bathroom we could ask to borrow, how long I could go without showering before my own stench would drive me crazy, etc. To my amazement, my highly skilled, intelligent husband had the pipe fixed in a matter of hours, saving us $800 the professional would have charged. I'm so impressed when he can just figure stuff out like that. It's definitely a talent that I lack.

Teva loves working with Justin. I'm pretty sure she thinks he couldn't do it without her.

1 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

Way to go Justin!! I know how you felt Jill! At our crappy cabin it was on an electric well system so anytime the power went out (which tended to be quite often) we had no water and no toilet!! It was painful!