12.02.2008

Beatlemania

Our last adventure with Cody was a trip to Liverpool.  Liverpool is, of course, home of The Beatles.  It also happens to be recently voted "European Capital of Culture."  There seems to be a ton of stuff to do there, but we just barely scratched the surface.  We went to a Beatles museum where we learned everything there is to know (okay, maybe not everything, but we learned a lot) about the Beatles' story.  They had even recreated places like The Cavern, the little joint where the Beatles first started playing regular gigs, and the Abbey Road recording studio.  It was awesome.

Entering the Yellow Submarine phase of the Beatles' story.  (Pay no attention to the No Photography sign on the right.)

This was an interactive part of the museum.  Cody is playing a Beatles song Tom Hanks-BIG style.

We ate dinner in Liverpool where Cody ordered an American-style Cheeseburger for his last meal in England.  When we got home, he packed up his stuff and left early the next morning.  We really enjoyed having him out here with us for the past couple months.  He's such an awesome guy--the best youngest brother a girl could have.  Love you, Code!

2 comments:

Susan Rozier said...

Jill, I loved all these new blogs! You're awesome. It'll be so fun to see you guys again. Can't wait. A new blog from me is in the wings. Not being able to multi-task very well, I have to get Christmas cards out first, then decorate tree, then write thank you notes, etc., before I can think blog! Thanks for your ebirthday card. I loved it and it counts for 3 since it was from you, Justin and Cody! Love, Grandma Susan

Mason & Laura said...

Ahhhh I'm so jealous!!! AWESOME!