Before leaving for England I received advice from a friend to not make any judgments for the first 3 weeks, granting time for culture shock and other feelings to settle before making my mind up about things. Well, today marks 6 weeks since our arrival, so let the opinions fly!
TAKE IT
- The view outside our living room and bedroom windows
- The weather our second week here. Perfect Fall weather - warm sun, brisk air, pretty colors
- Hot water comes fast (doesn't take long to heat up)
- Justin's excitement about getting involved with school again. He is passionate about his field. I love listening to him talk about his educational and career prospects. He's so enthusiastic about it all. He's totally in his element. (This is my absolute favorite thing about being here!)
- The couches, ping pong table, and Friends in the common room
- The grapes...yum!
- The healthcare
- A utility bill we don't have to pay for
- How green everything is
- The ward. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming, and there are lots of young married couples.
LEAVE IT
- Can't hang anything on the walls. Blah.
- No couch in the apartment
- Can't wash hands/face in warm water because the Hot and Cold faucets are separate
- The time difference between here and CA making it difficult to find times to talk with my mom that are convenient for both of us
- The cost of everything
- All the people who smoke, everywhere, all the time!
Well, it looks like the Take It side wins. I guess I'll stick around for awhile longer. : )
11.03.2008
Take It or Leave It?
Posted by Jill at 2:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
no couch? what the heck do you sit on? Especially since you're pregnant! I love our couch..that's one of my favorite things...but then again I am a lazy american haha!
Hey Jill! I'm glad to hear that you're happy overall. It sounds like you guys are doing great. I miss you though. Yes, even Cody. :) I can remember also thinking that separate faucet thing was really annoying when we were there briefly. Oh well I guess. Love, Julia
Yeah! I'm so glad I found your blog! Have you tried the cucumbers here yet? So darn good!
xxx
Kristy
Post a Comment