Go to the doctor. I know, right?! It sounds bizarre, but it's so great. I had the *opportunity* to go to the doctor's office twice this week, once for a regular check-up and once for some blood work (standard stuff, nothing to fret about). Both were such lovely experiences, I can't wait to go back in another couple of weeks when I get to see a midwife (every pregnant person is assigned a midwife here). I've been told that their medical technology is about two years behind the states, but their patient care is WAY better. The doctors act like YOU are the reason they came in to work that day. Even the blood-drawing lady wanted to talk all about how my pregnancy was going and was thrilled to find out that I would be here all the way through delivery so she would be able to "meet the baby." The blood girl! The blood girl I had in CA seemed annoyed that she even had to look at my vein, let alone draw blood from it. She couldn't have cared less that I was pregnant. I've never donated blood before because it totally freaks me out, but for my Oxford blood girl, I just might.
10.12.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
haha Jill you crack me up!!! That sounds funny that you have an "Oxford blood girl"! I'm glad they're treating you right though, you deserve it!
Jill, I saw the movie "Duchess" the other day and the costuming was awesome, but the scenery was unbelievable. I kept thinking, This is where Jill and Justin live! It was gorgeous.
Is all your healthcare free? I'm so glad your experience has been such a plus thus far.
I love hearing about your time there. Keep it up. What happened to Cody's blog?
Love, Grandma Susan and Richard
Ahhh! Doesn't it just make your day when your doctor, I dunno, cares?
And nurses - I've had amazing nurses and nurses who needed a swift kick in the..well. The amazing ones deserve sosososo much. They make me cry. So selfless.
Glad to hear you've got a blood girl, haha - you sound like a vamp and that reminds me of Twilight. You HAVE read Twilight haven't you? If not, you must because the movie is coming out next month. 29 more days. Go read (I read it in under 2 days, so you'll be just fine :)
I love midwives...I hope you do too.
Post a Comment