10.31.2008

£120 later = a fixed computer

The boys just left to rent a scary movie in honor of Halloween. I knew my movie vote would be ignored since It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is about the extent of my Halloween-scary desires, so I decided to stay home and catch you up on the little things that have been going on with us.

BABY NEWS: I've had many requests for belly pics, definitely a request that only becomes normal when you're pregnant. I haven't taken one in a few weeks and there's been some major growth (in my opinion...no one else seems to be able to tell yet) since then so I'll wait till I have a more recent photo to post. I was staying pretty aware of how much weight I was gaining in America, attempting to stay within the "normal" range. Here, however, the only time I get weighed is at the doctor and they weigh me in kilos or stones. A lot of good that does for my America-doesn't-use-the-metric-system-like-the-rest-of-the-world knowledge. After weighing me the last time the doctor asked if the number seemed light? I had no idea! Oh well. Last week I started feeling the baby move! It's been very exciting, and has already increased in frequency and intensity. I still can't believe there's actually a little baby squirmin' around in there! We get to find out the gender in two weeks. I CAN'T WAIT! I'm so very eager to find out what it is. I don't have a preference one way or another, I just want to know so I can stop referring to it as it. I've already had nightmares that the baby's legs are criss-crossed on the day of the appointment so we aren't able to find out. As a result, I have vowed to ground the child for one year, starting on his/her 16th birthday, if such noncooperation takes place. Hardcore parenting right from the get-go! Other than ultra-sound nightmares, I feel great! Thoughts of the baby consume me and I could talk about my excitement (and some fears) all day, but in an effort to not bore my readers to tears, I'll call this sufficient, concluding with an open invitation for baby-oriented phone calls, emails, etc.

OTHER NEWS: See following posts

3 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

That's so cool that you can already feel the baby moving!! Isn't it so much fun? It's weird at first huh? Oh and I'm totally with you on the scary movies thing! I watched a scary show Supernatural (not even that scary) and I have nightmares...I'm such a wimp!

Joanie Demer said...

I don't understand what 120 pounds has to do with your computer. Am I retarded? But I like all your posts. My bed does match my blog huh? I just got some red and white plates to hang on the wall in my kitchen with the same damask design. Consistent at least!

Joanie Demer said...

I was laying in bed the other night after I'd been blog surfing and realized what kind of pounds you were referring to. I thought you were trying to tell us how much you weighed pregnant or something. Are you in triple digits yet? :)